Re: Using font and tables vs. css and absolute positioning - was : JavaScript nonsense

by "Pamela Shorey" <palema(at)galaxyinternet.net>

 Date:  Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:01:43 -0500
 To:  "HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Tom,

I thought the newer browsers wouldn't support deprecated or discontinued
tags, but the old browsers still in use would of course.

And the older browsers would work only if the page has a DDT for that level
of html which the older browsers understand (eg HTML 3.2). That was my
understanding of it, I hope someone will set me straight if not.

Personally I find the FONT tag very annoying to use and have embraced css,
as it is much easier epecially for font and text designations - just set it
and forget it - and I am rather lazy. :-) But then,I am not dealing with
picky clients as many of you are. I feel a person new at html should focus
on using css and use it exclusively unless they have a particular audience
that can't read it.

Regards,
Pam Shorey