Re: a question of appropriate response

by "Pamela Shorey" <palema(at)galaxyinternet.net>

 Date:  Sat, 1 Sep 2001 15:57:11 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Michael,

> ... I look at the page and see that the
> design and layout may not be the simplest or what I think is the most
> elegant. Would it be appropriate to say so, or would it be better to
> simply answer the technical question and keep my design opinions out of
> it.

That's why it's helpful to know what the person's goal is as well as the
immediate technical difficulty. Often there is another solution. They may
have reasons for doing it that way, but if they dont tell you...  I say,
give your opinion. Personally I found people's side opinions like that very
instructive.
Pam Shorey