Re: tracking down a threat

by "Rob Brosey" <rbrosey(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Apr 2000 14:29:28 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
This is purely WACK!!!  Come on...

Rob
----- Original Message -----
From: Lori Eldridge <lorel(at)ior.com>
To: <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2000 11:57 AM
Subject: tracking down a threat

> Hi All
>
> I have a ministry where I critique false prophets. One of these so-called
"prophets" got ticked off after he requested I critique his writing (believe
it or not) because I told him I didn't have time to do so, and I had bigger
fish to fry. He then sent me a letter threatening my life. This guy is
obviously deranged and lives in the same city I live in and he says he has
been searching my websites getting data on me, etc (I'm not stupid enough to
provide my address but it is well known that I live in Spokane--there is
reportably a plethoa of these "prophets" congregating in Spokane and they
intend to take over the earth, etc.).

>  I have since reported this threat to crime check. In the meantime I am
gathering as much data on him as I can off his web site, etc. The following
code that I have included below was at the end of his email message to me.

> Anyway I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what this code indicates that I
have included below. It appears that he is using  Window's Microsoft Outlook
mail program. If anyone can glean anything more off this I would appreciate
it as I'm trying to gather as much data on him as I can.

> I already contacted his ISP to let them know what he is doing but they
suggested I might want to allow him use of his email so the police can
verify his address etc.
> If you have any tips for me on what else I can do I would appreciate it.
>
> Here is his website url and name if anyone wants to check it out:
> http://www.thedaysofthunder.faithweb.com/
> Scott Hofstee
> He claims to be one of the two witnesses mentioned in the book of
Revelation (his brother is the other).