Re: Table help needed

by "Paul Roberts" <hwg(at)roberts200025.freeserve.co.uk>

 Date:  Sat, 31 Aug 2002 10:10:08 +0100
 To:  "Tim Rivera" <timrivera23(at)hotmail.com>,
"Beth Adler" <doglover(at)cgmailbox.com>,
"HTML Basics List" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
this breaks even with a non-breaking space, the div {margin-left: .5in; =
margin-right: .5in; font-family: arial} in the style sheet is inherited =
by div.presidents so you are applying a 5in right and left margin to the =
columns.

Just change it to a presidents class as suggested and apply it to the td =
tag.

i'd also use the table to display the data as well it's what a table is =
for, so
i.e.
<.TR>
    <.TD align=3D"center" width=3D"50%">Ken Noble</TD>
    <.TD align=3D"center" width=3D"50%">'87-89</TD>
   <./TR>
for each that way they will line up using <.br> in different cells don't =
guarantee they will line up as you expect.

Paul Roberts
http://www.paul-roberts.com
mail(at)paul-roberts.com

----- Original Message -----=20