Re: possible to open a page at the bottom?

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 8 Aug 2000 13:06:48 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Floyd:

> I would like to have a long page open at the bottom.

Here is the general information, copied from one of the Web Tricks articles
in my magazine:

How do I create a Hyperlink or "Jump" to another spot on the same page ??

The best way I know of to show how this is done is by example. If  you went
to the second chapter of one of my novels:
http://www.temercraft.com/novels/sal-chp2.htm

And scrolled down to the fifth paragraph you will see a link for  the
actress Gail Russell. It is the link to jump to another spot  on this same
page. It's code looks like this:

Note the # sign. - Now scroll down near the bottom of this same page and you
will see a picture and story about Miss Russell. The code for the line Gail
Russell 1924-1961 looks like this.

<a name="Gail Russell 1924-1961">

The source code actually looks like this:
<a name="Gail Russell 1924-1961"><font

That basically is all there is to it.

The place you are jumping too is ID'ed by:

<a name="Subject">

The command to jump to that spot is:

The Subject(s) must match. The # is only added at the command reference.

To go to that spot from another page the link would look like:

or

However--It is best not to use spaces, (as in the Gail Russell examples), in
the name when you jump from another location. Spaces often cause it to fail
because the browsers will add a %20 in place of the space and the href and
name no longer match.

Hope this is what you had in mind
Best wishes
Ted Temer