Fw: multiple transalations

by "Paul Roberts" <hwg(at)roberts200025.freeserve.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:36:48 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I have worked on some php based sites that are multi language.

they used constants for the text and had a file for each language that =
gave the constants a value different files where loaded depending on the =
language. the file is passed by a script and  the constant replaced by =
it's contents i.e."BOILERPLATE" is replaced with "ipso lorem..."

I'm sure you could do this with a template system or database driven =
site.

Best Wishes

Paul Roberts
mail at Paul-Roberts dot com