Re: spelling and grammar - what IS css?

by "=?iso-8859-1?B?TGF1cmkgVuRpbg==?=" <optima(at)hot.ee>

 Date:  Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:39:23 +0300
 To:  "IceWolf" <icewolf(at)tampabay.rr.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Heya Folks,
CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheet. It can be internal or external in
relation to the HTML file. CSS enables you to formata HTML document better
than other solutions (font tags, tables to position text and pictures and so
on). Many people drop font tags in favour to CSS (I'll do it too in the near
future). You can have one .css file per a entire site. That way it's easier
to maintain the site. Before you had to change ALL the HTML documents in
your site in order to change for example the font colour, face etc. With CSS
you only have to change one file, that is the .css file and the text colour
(or anything alike) on the entire site will be changed.

I would recommend everybody to learn CSS. I believe that there were links on
the HWG.ORG page pointing to css references. Or you could simply use your
favourite search engine in order to find some useful documents. Once you've
learned CSS and run into trouble, just post to the HWG-STYLE list for help.

The only downside that I can think of associated with CSS is that all
browsers don't support it properly(that is NN3, IE3). However the newer
browsers support it (IE4, IE5 and NN6 probably supports it perfectly, well
at least close to perfection).

Hope this helps. In case you need more help, just write me.

Best wishes,
Lauri V�in
--
Lauri V�in
Get a residual income by earning commissions