Re: Manuals created in Word - Posting on the Web

by "Mike Eovino" <meovino(at)erols.com>

 Date:  Mon, 3 Jan 2000 15:26:30 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>and the instructions were very clear that they HAD to save
>as Word 6 files, but they had great difficulty doing that.

C'mon now, no one follows instructions ;-)

>One other virtue of a PDF over a Word document is that a Word docuemnt
>can be downloaded and then altered, whereas a PDF document cannot. For
>govermental agencies this is crucial.

Are you password protecting them somehow?  If they have the full version of
Adobe Acrobat, they should be able to alter them.  They also can open the
PDF in a decent text editor (WordPad or a better one, not Notepad) and
actually change the content (unless you change all text into graphics).

>I only use PDF documents when I want or need to enable the downloading
>of a document in a format where it will print with pages and the like.

Same with me.  They're a godsend.

Mike E.