Re: Cheap Thrills (3.0 Browsers)

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:49:07 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Villano, Paul <VillanoP(at)usachcs-emh1.army.mil>
>I've got to design pages that can be viewed with 3.0 browsers, yet keep
>folks with higher browsers interested.  What's the highest level of
>interesting effects (interactions, animations, etc.) that will work on
>all browsers?

That will work on ALL browsers? That's a big ticket fill there! You can
use JavaScript to create different interactive/interesting themes. There
are many scripts available that can produce an interesting and
interactive site:

 -displaying forms with user-interactive features
-gathering and validating user input
-turning a simple web page into a full-blown web application
-mouse interaction w/ events
-animation

etc...

But, one must have javascript enabled on their browser and have to be
running one of the client platforms they support. Javascript is
supported by browsers NN2.0+ and IE3.0+ (someone else throw in the rest
here?) and platforms Macintosh or Windows (someone else throw in the
rest here?).

--
Cindy K. Stanley