Re: center phasing out?

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Sun, 5 Sep 1999 16:03:44 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Ben Bradley <kingben(at)bigfoot.com>
>center is being phased out?

It is still valid.

>damn - I use that all the time as it is the most useful way to control
>alignment instead of using P align="" or div/span align=""

<DIV align="center"> is just as easy to use :-)

>Surely they can't just remove an element if adding new ones is such a
>problem what's gonna happen when they get rid. AARRRGGGHHH

I don't follow your theory here, but to answer "what's gonna happen when
they get rid" ... the answer is simple. A html marker upper (*G) would
re-mark up valid html (correct it). Meaning using style sheets and/or
current conformed HTML4.0.

--
Cindy K. Stanley