Re: web server on 98

by "Kathleen Anderson" <kathleen(at)spiderwebwoman.com>

 Date:  Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:12:36 -0500
 To:  "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>,
"HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi:
You can find PWS4 for Windows 98 on your Windows 98 CD in the addons/pws
folder, or you can download the Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack here:
http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/downloads/recommended/NT4OptPk/default
.asp   If you install the Option Pack on a Windows 98 machine, it will
detect your OS and install PWS4. You might also want to check out these
links before you install - just on the off chance your Windows 98 CD has the
version of PWS with a little bug in it.
How do I correct the MTS error (An Unknown Error Occurred While Making MTS
Specific Changes to the System Registry) that occurs during or after
installing Personal Web Server 4?
http://net-sites.com/sitebuilder/webservers/faq/faq2.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q246/0/81.asp

~ Kathleen Anderson