Re: Basic CSS help

by "Tim Rivera" <lists(at)timrivera.com>

 Date:  Wed, 1 Oct 2003 19:40:02 -0400
 To:  <macleod52(at)mchsi.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I've heard a few things about CSS and I didn't know whether you
> coded it just like you would HTML, or if you used a separate
> program and then inserted a link that pointed to the CSS file.

Hello Michael,

CSS can be used three ways:

Inline styles, via the 'style' attribute

Embedded style sheet, using the STYLE element (in HEAD)
    span {background: yellow}

External style sheet, using LINK (the most useful method)
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css">

Using an external style sheet, you benefit the most from the power
of style sheets by being able to use the same style sheet for
multiple web pages. This greatly reduces the file size of the web
pages, and allows you to easily modify the style of all the pages.

For a long list of helpful CSS tutorials and resources, surf on
over to http://nemesis1.f2o.org/links

Tim