Re: mouseOver question

by Thomas James Allen <tjallen(at)pipeline.com>

 Date:  Sat, 25 Sep 1999 07:27:40 -0400
 To:  Stephen Boose <stealer(at)powernet.net>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:54 PM 9/24/99 -0700, you wrote:
> Hello All,
>I have a few javascript mouseovers on the page I am building. I have
>test the page using Netscape 3.2, Netscape 4.x and IE 4.x and have had
>no problems. However in Netscape 2 I have had errors. I suspect I would
>get errors in IE3 also. Anyway my question is, What do I add to the
>script so the older browsers will not try to run the script?
>Thanks
>Stephen
-------------------------
At the beginning of each javascript function, put:

if (document.images){
the rest of your function
}

This will test for browsers that support the images array.
Those browsers that do not will skip the rest of your function.

Hope this helps,
jimmy
---
Jimmy Allen (Thomas James Allen)