Re: Site Diet

by Thomas James Allen <tjallen(at)pipeline.com>

 Date:  Sat, 18 Dec 1999 15:19:31 -0500
 To:  bushman(at)goodnet.com
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:46 PM 12/18/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm trying to help someone trim their site down from 35MB.
>...<edited for space>
>... but how can I find out if there are any "orphaned" files (files
>that have no incoming links)? I've FTP'd his entire directory to my
>machine, but I'm not sure how to check for "un-used" pages.
>Rob Bushman
-------------------------
Rob,
Both Adobe GoLive and Macromedia Dreamweaver will create a "site map"
with lines showing which files are linked. Orphaned files, and
unlinked sections can be discovered by visual inspection of the site map.

Dreamweaver has a 30 day free trial download at their site,
plenty of time to do what you need.

I'm sure other software html editors also make site maps.

Hope this helps,
jimmy
---
Jimmy Allen (Thomas James Allen)