Re: Structuring Software

by Thomas James Allen <tjallen(at)pipeline.com>

 Date:  Thu, 06 Jan 2000 01:23:26 -0500
 To:  kixi(at)altavista.net
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:08 PM 1/5/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Morn' List,
>is there any software availible being capable to deliver me the logical
>structure of any existent website?
>
>TIA;
>
>Jakob D=F6lling
>--=20

Both Dreamweaver and Adobe GoLive will draw a logical site map of any site
you have on your own computer. For logical structure of other peoples'
websites online, some spider programs will do it. People usually write their
own spider programs. I don't know of any spiders that are commercially
available. Maybe others do.

Of course, asp sites and sites with many includes will not have their
logical structure easily analysed, as they are structured "on the fly."
Also, very very large websites like cnn or amazon com could take months to
analyse completely!

Hope this helps,
jimmy
---