Re: Table trouble

by Rob Mastro <lyrictung(at)abac.com>

 Date:  Sun, 22 Aug 1999 18:10:39 -0400
 To:  Reywob(at)aol.com
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Reywob,

I believe the difficulty is not in the table but in your frames.

The right hand frame requires more vertical space than the left hand
frame, especially with the bottom scroll bar. The left hand frame
responds by adding more space to itself and providing background color
in that space. Since your counter is not in a fixed position at the
bottom of the frame, the space is added below your counter.

The following comes from the W3C Accessiblity guidelines. I'm not suggesting
you get rid of your frames, but you can probably attach your counter
to the bottom of the frame using the "fixed" position technique.

3. Use style sheets to position the navigation mechanism where you want
on the screen. For example, the following CSS rule floats the navigation bar
to the left of the page and makes it take up 25% of the available horizontal space:

                      OBJECT { float: left; width: 25% }

 The following CSS rule attaches the navigation mechanism to the bottom-left corner of the page
 and keeps it there even if the user scrolls down the page:

                      OBJECT { position: fixed; left: 0; bottom: 0 }

Sunday, Sunday, August 22, 1999, you wrote:

Rac> Hi, can someone tell me why the frame round my counter doesn't touch the
Rac> bottom edge?  Is it to do with the counter's image or my table?  It can be
Rac> found at http://members.aol.com/reywob/side/

                    mailto:lyrictung(at)abac.com