Re: Website Creation Question

by "�Megan �" <peacedream(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:20:46 PDT
 To:  Steven_Gara(at)ultimatesoftware.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Actually, I think you have just the right list!
I suggest that you start with what you want.
Think about what your purpose is and how you want it to look.

   Then, look for a tutorial on HTML.
A good one is http://www.bfree.on.ca/HTML/
Upon completing the tutorial, go ahead and make your site on your
computer.
After you do that, you need to find a place to put it.

   If you are looking for a free place to put it, I suggest you go to
http://thefreesite.com/freewebpages.htm. I suggest avoiding the companies
that you have heard of before because chances are that it's just easier to
go around them.  (such as angelfire or geocities.)  Look for some company
that won't put banners or pop ups on your site, those are very unattractive
to visitors.

  Now, if you are wanting something like www.name.com that costs money,
although there are services that can make it something like
name.homepage.net or whatever the company is.  It's all about your
preferences.

   After you have your site posted, send an email to the critique list on
hwg, they can help you with the design.
   If you aren't sure how something is done, just ask us at hwgbasics,
chances are someone can help, but first go to http://www.hwg.org and search
the archives in case the question has been answered before.

Good luck!
~Megan