Re: Inexplicable Validation Errors

by "Sean Healy" <jalopeura(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:19:48 AKST
 To:  gh(at)advancedresumes.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Look at the code for the "Join ListBot" button near the end of the
>page.  The W3C validator is telling me "there is no attribute width" and
>"there is no attribute height" for those two attributes of the image
>code. Like I said, looks okay to me. Help!

Since I haven't seen an answer to this yet, I'll post one.  Because this is
an image, adding height and width allows browsers to continue rendering
while receiving image information.  IE will render and then rearrange after
the image comes in, but Netcape will hang until it gets the image unless you
let it know ahead of time how big the image is.  Just find out the width and
height of your image in pixels, and then just add the appropriate code.