RE: The Certified Internet Webmaster qualification

by joesaulnier(at)juno.com

 Date:  Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:20:46 -0700
 To:  hearl(at)bigfoot.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello again.

For more information in the CIW qualification check out their website at

	http://www.ciwcertified.com

I had a quick run thru of their site, and there are a couple of areas that
"are under construction"....

They have a listing of "partners" where you can take the certification.

There is a fundamental (prerequisite) required.  There are 3 options
available:
	Master CIW Administrator
	Master CIW Enterprise Developer
	Master CIW Designer.

Each of these have a number of "courses" and exams, before you are become
"master".

>From what I understand, the more "paper" you have, the more employable you
are.  I know that's a theory, but you never know...  I hope that this
answers some of your questions.

Regards,

Alice McCallum

Hubert wrote:

I've just come across a qualification I've never heard about before, and I'd
like some information about it from the point of view of its usefulness.

1.  How widely recognized is the Certified Internet Webmaster qualification?
2.  How much of an advantage does its possession offer, in terms of having a
better chance of getting web work?