Re: HTML Books

by Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:25:36 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Amber Norkett <nork(at)csd.uwm.edu>,
HWG Basics <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
My favorite is _Mastering HTML 4.0_ by Deborah and Eric Ray, from
Sybex. It's huge, which makes the price ($50 1.5 years ago) look okay.
In fact, it's very informative, well written, and covers a lot more
than HTML alone. I learned a heap from it, and still do whenever I
enter a new realm (CSS, for example). It's a great resource, as its
appendices cover which browsers work with each tag, as well as
providing descriptive examples of use and of attributes.

I also like O'Reilly's _Webmaster in a Nutshell_, by Spainhour &
Eckstein as a reference, though I wouldn't try to learn HTML from it
(though I did learn CSS from this book!).

--- Amber Norkett <nork(at)csd.uwm.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to know what books would be good to use when beginning to
> learn HTML
> or books that would be useful as reference guides for HTML?
>
> Thanks,
> Amber

=====
Michael Greisman