Re: Warning about online virusscanners

by Bjorn Van Simaeys <cyberplasma(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 21 Sep 2001 05:17:13 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Dear friends,

Now is the time NOT to use any online virusscanners
because this virus infects MIME headers of viruses and
websites. This anti-viral website could very likely be
infected too, that is why I always only use the McAfee
anti-virus software (at the company that invented
antiviral software in the first place - www.nai.com)
with the highest security possible.

By the way: my webserverlogs were 3 times as big as
usual today - could there be some activity here? I
don't think that I have a possibility of infection on
my webserver as I use Unix-Zeus serversoftware hosted
at Verio.com. Only M$ got hit, right?

If I am wrong, could anyone tell me and also point me
out where I could encounter any infected files?

Thanks
Bjorn Van Simaeys
www.bvsenterprises.com