RE: Image question

by Dwayne Brock <sleipnirsgate(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:02:44 -0800 (PST)
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Greetings to the list:

The following technique was mentioned for PSP
graphics.

> Create
> additional layers with sized inserts, then copy the
> base graphic
> layer as many times as you have insert graphics.
> Duplicate each of
> your sized inert layers.  Merge the layers (specific
> base graphic
> copy and specific sized insert copy only) into one
> layer containing
> both graphics now.  Copy that merged graphic to a
> new graphic and
> name it appropriately.

While I am a graphics novice, with a bit of
experimentation I noticed that with Photoshop 6 a
similar technique could be used, i.e., creating and/or
copying separate layers for background and individual
objects, and flattening them into one graphic.

Is this style of layering a general technique used in
most graphics programs, or is this specific to just a
few programs?

TIA,
Dwayne