Re: How Do I Include a pdf file in a website?

by MVHOG(at)aol.com

 Date:  Sun, 15 Oct 2000 17:39:38 EDT
 To:  jtpolk(at)texas.net,
hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
In a message dated 10/15/00 3:47:48 AM Central Daylight Time,
jtpolk(at)texas.net writes:

<<  I am new to the .pdf files etc.  I have a Word .doc file that I want to
 > convert to .pdf so that the file can be uploaded from my site, any
 > suggestions on how to do that?
 > Thanks in advance.

 I noticed in a later email that you were able to get Adobe to do the
 conversion.

 If you need something available locally you might look at the
 inforamtion I put together here:

 http://camalott.com/~jtpolk/html.html

 Look at the information and the link in the section labeled ''pdf from
 your word processor''. This was the solution I used until I had enought
 clients needing PDF files to justify purchasing the full Adobe product.

 This is better than submitting to a service, since you can easily change
 a document in your Word Processor (or anything actually) and what would
 be output onto a printer into a PDF file without having to go to a
 service on the web. I've found that the original Word Processor
 documents usually need a few repeated tweaks before they come out good.

 Ghostcript and Ghostview are free Open Source software, I believe
 avialiable for Windows, UNIX, VMS, OS/2, Atari, Amiga, and Macintosh
 platforms. (grin)
 --

 Jim Tom Polk -:- jtpolk(at)texas.net -:- http://camalott.com/~jtpolk/
    ''You might as well fall flat on your face as

thanks!  saving your note for future reference

~~Lanice~~