Re: Password protect script

by Michael Jon Muehlendorf <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>

 Date:  Fri, 15 Dec 2000 06:49:25 -0600
 To:  "Annie Burke" <anniebdesign(at)hotmail.com>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hello Annie!

You can use JavaScript, but if you simply want a straightforward, nuts and
bolts tutorial on how to set it up without JS, check these out:

<http://hotarea.net/web/unix/htaccess.html>
<http://faq.web2010.com/htaccess.htm>

There are lots more tutorials on htaccess out there, but these may give you
a good start.

Good luck!

Mike

At 06:54 AM 12/15/00 -0500, Annie Burke wrote:
>I have a site that I need several pages password protected.
>I am very new to all this html stuff !
>I have looked into a few java scripts, but it is all very confusing.
>Can anyone help ?
>Know of a good basic tutorial site ?
>Thanks in advance
>Annie B
>annieb(at)vol.com

Michael Jon Muehlendorf
Freedom Systems Group
email: mailto:coyote(at)scenic-bluffs.com
www: http://www.scenic-bluffs.com/fsg/