Re: technology baseline for internet

 Date:  Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:45:14 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Susan,

 that's a very tough one to make a blanket statement on.

It *really* depends on the intended use of the machine.

For instance:

You don't need color or sound or a connection over 14.4 to view text based
information sites.

You better have sound/color/joystick and *atleast* a 56K modem if you are a
baseline gamer.

See what I mean?

So . . . about the only blanket suggestion I could make is:

A modem speed supported by your local ISP (varies widely).
A monitor (so you can see what your computer is doing)
A CPU capable of running a TCP/IP client (DOS ver 5.x)

HTH,
Fuzzy