Re: Need some h-elp, please

by Chuck & Karen <ckcs(at)neptune.on.ca>

 Date:  Fri, 11 Feb 2000 19:25:29 -0500
 To:  jim(at)haslam.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
It's after 7 pm on a Friday after a rather tough week, so I don't know how
fresh my eyes are.  I've done lots of work with somewhat complex tables
(using mouseovers) and I suspect the problem you're describing might be
because the total height of the <td>'s containing the buttons differs from
the corresponding <td> on the right of that column.  I think the button
why you've made your table so complex, I almost suspect it was generated by
a wysiwyg or something, there are a lot of empty <td>'s and none of the
heights of the cells matches the content.  I have somewhat similar layouts at:

http://www.jobskills.org/index.html
http://www.jobskills.org/sea/index.html
http://www.jobskills.org/sue/index.html  <---still a work in progress for a
client

Take a look at the coding, and maybe think about simplifying your code, it
makes bugs/glitches easier to find.  It's also helpful to draw out a table
on paper first, and when coding, set the border at 1 or 2 just so you can
see where things are ending up.

I hope this helps,

Karen :o)