Re: Script for opening links in there own window.

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Tue, 12 Sep 2000 07:48:43 EDT
 To:  patrick_aussie(at)hotmail.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Patrick:

You asked:

> I made my links okay, but would somebody
>  be able to tell me how to open them up into their own window instead of
>  using my home page window.

You can use:

<.A HREF="(your url)" TARGET="_blank">

This will open up the link a new window.

BUT - it might cover your original window that the user may never return to.
When new window opens and covers your old window, they will try to use the
"back" button on the browser's new window to return.  This won't work so they
might end up moving on from there.   They may never know that the original
window is still there until after they sign off.

Keep that in mind....

- Jeff K.