Re: Manuals created in Word - Posting on the Web

by Christopher Higgs <cjhiggs(at)mail.mpx.com.au>

 Date:  Sat, 01 Jan 2000 21:24:55 +1100
 To:  "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>,
"HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:25 pm 31/12/99 -0800, Ted Temer wrote:
>Also--as
>EVERY Windows 95/98 machine comes with WordPad that will open
>.doc files I would think Adobe would be hard pressed to claim a
>much larger viewer base.

Yes, but the WWW isn't only Windows.  More importantly, nor every Windows
machine is Win95/98.  And how many of those that do actually have Office
2000 installed?

PDF is a viable alternative in such cases.  Adobe is also making attempts
to increase the accessibiliity of their documents.

  http://access.adobe.com (I think the URI is :)

Chris