RE: spelling and grammer, grammar, gramming :)

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Sat, 24 Jun 2000 10:23:11 +0930
 To:  "Shelley Watson" <shelleyw(at)home.com>,
<ErthWlkr(at)aol.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

My theory:

A sentence is a sentence and it ends with a period/full stop. If it is
contained within brackets, the period/full stop still comes at the end of
the sentence, irrespective of the bracket :).

I was taught the same thing. "One to ten" is spelled out, 11 to infinity is
shown numerically. I'm not sure why...I sort of stick to it, but often just
do what looks best at the time.

Kym

At 09:27 AM 06/24/2000 , Shelley Watson wrote:

>> HEY:
>>
>> Did anybody notice that "grammar" is spelled wrong in
>> the subject line??  =8-0
>>
>> - Jeff Kopito
>
>LOL - yup but it was much more fun seeing how many times it
>popped up regardless.  :)
>
>So, here's my question.  If you enclose a complete sentence in
>between brackets - do you put the period before the bracket or
>after?
>And.....I was taught, way back when, when writing letters to
>spell out 1 to 10 as one to ten but after that you use the number
>instead of the word - I've always wondered if my old boss was
>right on that one.
>
>Go to town, folks.
>
>Shelley

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
*NEW*...Be sure to visit the "Samples Gallery"...*NEW*
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit my garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html