Re: Netscape madness..

 Date:  Tue, 27 Mar 2001 06:40:06 -0500
 To:  ErthWlkr(at)aol.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:48 PM 3/26/01 , ErthWlkr(at)aol.com wrote:
>I've tried everything including begging - but I can't keep this box to 120
>pixels wide in Netscape.
>- Jeff K.

Jeff,

First let me say I do not see any "mistakes" in your code that should be
causing this.

However . . . (bet you knew that was coming :-)).

As I'm sure you know, NN is a little weird. It requires special handling
sometimes. NONE of the suggestions I am about to make can be guaranteed to
fix it, but I do see a couple of things that might do the trick.

First, define the dimensions for the (sub) table you are using for the
search box: ie: <.table width="125" border="0">

remember, NN has a problem with nested tables (sometimes).

Second, perhaps quoting the attribute values may help ie: <.table
width="125" border="0"> as opposed to <.table width=125 border=0>

The only other item I see NN likes to fuss about is the spacing between the
td elements. Remember, NN has a history of freaking out over the starting
td not being right up against the ending td from the previous cell ie:

<.tr>
<.td>back to back</td><.td>back to back</td><.td>back to back</td><.td>back
to back</td>

keeps NN happy

<.tr>
	<.td>back to back</td>	<.td>back to back</td>

<.td>back to back</td>		<.td>back to back</td>

tends to make NN do weird spacing things.

Again, no guarantees this will do it Jeff, but these are some NN
peculiarities you may want to take a look at.

HTH,
Fuzzy.