RE: Favor to Ask

 Date:  Mon, 06 Aug 2001 18:47:45 -0500
 To:  "HWG-Basics" <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Carol

This is no big mystery !

go to: http://validator.w3.org

and submit the URL. When you get "No Errors Found!" The page WILL work just
fine - guaranteed. Well . . . unless you validate it to a transitional DTD,
in which case (by design of the DTD) all bets are off and you are back to
square one.

I know this isn't news to you - so *pretty please* do not interpret my
'straight forward' style as talking down to you or anything even *like*
that :-).

HTH,
Fuzzy.

At 06:06 PM 8/6/01 , Carol Parent wrote:

>Hmmmm......
>Makes me wonder what is causing it.  I just installed Nortons' systemworks
>on her computer and I know I left all the options defaulted which means it
>is most likely scanning anything she does.  I wonder if that may be causing
>a prob, but then why just that page.
>
>I sat here on the phone while she tried it several times.  She could go into
>any other area of the site and she was fine.  I had her clean her cache,
>history, etc.  But everytime the Main Photo on this particular page finished
>d/l, computer would freeze.
>
>Odd.
>
>Thanks much everyone.
>

>Carol Parent

Captain F.M. O'Lary
webmaster(at)canopy.net
The great thing about living in a small town is when you don't know what
you're doing, someone else does.