Re: Re; How to remove . . .<linked style sheets?>

 Date:  Mon, 01 Oct 2001 11:43:52 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Paul,

first; thanks for the well formed suggestion.

Second, and this really is a question, not a smart a**ed wise crack: Isn't
there still some *major* browser support issues for "linked" style sheets?

*At this point in time* based on this issue, isn't it "better" (though
admittedly more work) to include these style declarations in each
individual document?

Speaking to more work; of course I realize the whole darned idea of CSS is
to allow us to create "one file" containing style information for a "whole
web site", and I LOVE that idea - but my (personal) research into browser
support for linked style sheets seems to mandate that I ~do~ go through the
trouble to copy and paste style information in each document, and when
changes are needed across a range of documents, use my editors search and
replace features to make these changes rather than hope that all my viewers
are using a browser that (adequately) supports linked style sheets.

Am I behind the curve . . . again?

Fuzzy.