RE: Question for Fuzzy

 Date:  Thu, 06 Dec 2001 16:16:06 -0500
 To:  "Darrell" <darrell(at)webctr.com>,
"hwg-basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:11 PM 12/6/01 , Darrell wrote:
>What I find hilarious is that we are moving toward pure XML for web
>development, and we can use any tags we want...as well as any attributes we
>care to define...with that language.  This means we could define a tag named
>"center", give it the appropriate styling, and use it to center things in
>our document (as long as our stylesheet and DTD are available!)

Oh MAN !! It's one of those full circle things ! I hate that. It's like
"exactly the same only different". Now we can ~design~ a danged <.center>
and that'll make the world a better place. The more things change the more
they stay the same . . .

Just kidding . . . sorta.

Yea, buy all means. We can certainly **create** a tag named '
fuzzysdarnedcentertag ' and use it to center stuff something like this:

<.'center; "fuzzysdarnedcentertag"'>bla</fuzzysdarnedcentertag />

OH ! OH !

*now* I see how this makes it less code for the browser manufacturer !!!
NOW I get it!

Somebody please tell *me* again, why <.center> is a goner?

:-)
Fuzzy
<feeling enlightened>