Re: A question on banner exchange

by Virginia Blalock <virginia(at)visionsnet.com>

 Date:  Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:57:05 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:49 AM 9/23/99 , Sunil Bahl wrote:

>I have been participating in the LE banner program (the normal one) for a
>year now and so far I have got only 45 hits through my banner. I get
>around 100+ visitors per week to my site
>(http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/network/9124/sunil.htm). But after
>getting such few hits through the banner exchange I have started to wonder
>whether the LE banner program is really worth it!!??
>
>The URL of my banner is :
>http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/network/9124/tigerleban.gif
>
>Why have I got such few hits from my banner???????? Is it because my
>banner is not attractive enough or is it because I am in the section where
>the LE banner can be placed anywhere in one's page and therefore do not
>get good exposures?????????

You probably could make a banner that would get a few more click-throughs,
but in all honesty it probably won't be worth it. I was with LE(and another
banner exchange) for a while and I finally just chucked them. You don't get
that many click-throughs and I found that I would rather not give free
advertising when I was not getting much in return for adding those banners
to my pages.

Virginia's Visions
http://www.visionsnet.com