Re: ART files

by Virginia Blalock <virginia(at)visionsnet.com>

 Date:  Tue, 28 Sep 1999 15:20:51 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:47 PM 9/28/99 , Ted Temer wrote:

>An .art file ???

Those files created by AOL with the "compressed graphics" turned on. Only
IE and AOL browsers can see them. They are IMO a pain in the patoot :)

>If your question related to saving a picture saved as .art into
>something else and you have a Windows machine, you could:
>
>Call it up in IE as you say it displays it.
>Select, (Highlight), it and Choose copy or use Control-C.

What I ended up doing was to pull them up in IE and then choose SAVE AS and
chose BMP. Then I opened up my graphics program and saved the bitmap as a GIF.

Virginia's Visions
http://www.visionsnet.com