Re: Validation Issues....

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Sat, 01 Apr 2000 12:39:57 +1000
 To:  Jennifer Heneberry <jen(at)jenworks.on.ca>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'Day Jen

Haven't spoken to you in ages :-)

At 11:05 31/03/00 -0500, Jennifer Heneberry wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone here could assist me with a validation
>problem.
>
>I have a page that validated the last time I checked it.  I'm in the
>process of switching over to style sheets, and I decided to do an
>initial validation to see if I had removed all the FONT shrapnel and
>the like.  Well, my page doesn't validate, for a completely different
>reason than I thought it would - my javascript code is borfing it
>where it didn't before.

Your Javascript is supposed to be on one continuous line - and I think if
you did that you would encounter a line length limit.

Try declaring your array line by line:

content = new Array(50);

content(0) = "<I> Did you know that over 14,000 households in the region
live on less than $10,000 a year, which makes it difficult for those
families to find food, shelter and clothing without help?  Consider
donating to a food bank or shelter to help ease the burden.</I>";

content(1) = "<I>Did you know that over 10% of the people in the region
died due to heart disease last year? Try following the Canada Food Guide's
recommendations for a healthy diet to reduce your risk.</I>";

etc..

Note:  I know these lines will wrap, but each statement is supposed to be
on a single line so I have added extra blank lines.  Also note the
semicolon at the end of each line.

Note 2:  Array(50) means you can have 51 (0 through to 50) values for
contents()

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au