Re: Search engine and no text page

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Fri, 01 Sep 2000 08:08:15 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
One more note,

<Jim Tom Polk wrote:

>All search engines will index the HTML title of your page, and some will
>use the description meta-tag (though it being indexed is iffy), and some
>few will use the keywords meta-tags. You can also hope that directories
>like LookSmart and Yahoo will put your site into a category, with a
>listing title and description that contains the search terms you want to
>use for your site.

How about Google? They take a few words here and a few words there and have
nearly unintelligible descriptions under their listings.

This is something I just noticed and it's aggravating to try and find
something and not get a decent description.

So, as with all things web -- no sooner do I think I know it than . . .
I still don't know nothin'

Tamara