RE: Solution - A Perfect Web Site!

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:42:39 -0600
 To:  "Sathish C. Bramhan" <sathish(at)bramhan.net>
 Cc:  "HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Well, finally, after all the blasted idiocy over *perfect* and your
ridiculous insults and disregard for genuine HWG members, you actually
managed to ask a real question.

At 11:27 AM 2/13/01 -0800, Sathish C. Bramhan wrote:
>Try this test out. Go to a graphic intensive site. View it thru Netscape 6.
>It will work. I guarantee you that, because it will not be w3c compliant.
>Now, save that page to your desk top. Add the correct "document type
>declaration" Try this: <.!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
>Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd.>
>
>Now, view it thru NN6.
>
>The entire table looks broken. That's the problem.

This problem has /nothing/ to do with perfect or graphics. It has to do
with the fact NN 6 will /not/ honor the 4.01 Trans (Fuzzy, don't ya just
love that one -- you're right even when you don't try all that hard!).

For more information on tables and NN6, as well as potential solutions, see
the evolt.org web site. There was an article about this very subject in
December.

Always remember, when you don't get the answer you want, you're probably
not asking the right question. Please try to remember that /before/ you
show us all your *best* side. And never, ever lump /all/ the membership
into a group that's either with you or against you.  Comments like this:

 > This is real, not theoretical. Please don't waste our time. This forum is
 > not for gossip or time pass.

are an attempt to include me in your waste of bandwidth. /You/ wasted my time.

And on this note, I am engaging my mail filters.

Cheers!
Go HWG!!!!!
Tamara
A PROUD member of a fine organization: The HTML Writer's Guild