Re: scrolling marquee

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:01:34 -0600
 To:  "Katherine Pollara" <kpollara(at)home.com>,
"Hwg-Basics(at)Hwg.Org" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:21 PM 3/27/01 -0500, Katherine Pollara wrote:
>I can't find anything on controlling the scrolling marquee using straight
>HTML.  I know the code is simply:
><marquee>text</marquee>
>but I'd like to slow it down since I find it difficult to read.
>Is this tag not in use any longer?  Are there other attributes?

marquee is gone and it was IE specific anyway. There are some javascript
codes out there that will do something similar and you might also poke
around for some java applets. I don't get into java much, but I do remember
waiting for some web sites to get the java started when I tried to view
them 8-)

HTH
Tamara