Re: White space in Netscape

by Jim <webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com>

 Date:  Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:39:03 -0700
 To:  "HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:30 AM 4/30/01 , Dale tickled the electrons and they aligned
themselves to form these words:
>Hi,
>
>I've been working on my business site today - the address is
>http://www.imaginecomputerservices.com.  I am using this .BODY tag:  <.BODY
>BGCOLOR="white" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0"
>marginheight="0">.  In IE 5.5 the tables I have created go all the way to
>the right edge of the page, but in Netscape 4.6 there is a bit of a gap
>between the tables and the edge of the page.  Anybody know how to fix this??

Dale,
Netscape reserves the area where the vertical scroll bar would be when the
page is too short to need scrolling.

To fix this you can place height="100%" in your main page layout table tag,
or you can place enough content (empty P tags, BR tags etc) below the table
to make it fill the screen vertically.

The first option is probably cleaner, but it's your option.

hth

Jim Parsons
webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com
phone: (509) 521-5424