Re: Strange Messages

by Teri Mobley <dream01(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Sat, 11 Aug 2001 07:30:12 -0400
 To:  "C. A. Milton" <camilton(at)icx.net>,
"HWG Writer's Guild" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I got the exact same messages at least a half dozen times! But not from the
same address/identity as you did. Each time the subject line was something
about asking me to check out a web page for review.  The person attached
.pif and .bat files, both of which are  DOS programs that I knew better
than to open. I finally put a filter in my e-mail program and then they
started coming from a different address. I found out that both addresses
were bogus. I tried contacting the abuse@ from each domain but received no
satisfactory answers.
I thought that someone might have gotten my address from this list because
they were asking about web page advice in their subject line, but I had no
way to prove it. I'm using Eudora, which stores attachments in a
sub-directory even after I delete the message. So be sure to check that
those files are not still on your system - delete them if they are.

Teri