Re: Alt Tags

by Charles A Upsdell <cupsdell(at)upsdell.com>

 Date:  Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:38:11 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Is the *appearance* of the child relevant to the content?  E.g., are you
talking about (say) race-related issues?  If not, specifying the colour in
the ALT tags is irrelevant and should be omitted.

At 02:31 PM 08/31/00, you wrote:
>I'm trying to figure out the politically correct way to create an alt tag.
>I've got alot of pictures of kids I'm putting on the website.  Should I say
>"black boy," or "white girl,"  or white family?  If someone's using a blind
>reader I was thinking they'd like to know more than the pictures a boy or
>girl.
>

>Susan Kemp
>OCFS Internet Services
>SusanKemp(at)earthlink.net

-
Chuck Upsdell
Email:     cupsdell(at)istar.ca or cupsdell(at)torfree.net
Website:   http://home.istar.ca/~cupsdell/