Re: Follow on from 'doctype question'

by Charles A Upsdell <cupsdell(at)upsdell.com>

 Date:  Fri, 29 Sep 2000 00:03:08 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
If you check the HTML 4 spec you will find that the HTML and HEAD tags are
defined as being OPTIONAL.  So, if Netscape or Opera cannot load a page in
which they are omitted, they are at fault.  Though, of course, attributing
'fault' is pointless to those who need to create websites for real-world
browsers.

At 08:54 PM 09/28/00, you wrote:
>Greetings
>
>I found a hosting/redirection service that not only doesn't use a doctype
>declaration in its pages, it doesn't use <html> or <head> tags either. No
>wonder it wouldn't load in Netscape or Opera. So tolerant, that IE5.
>
>http://www.cjb.net
>
>I wonder if they really have any customers. I'll let you know if I get a
>response to my email to them.

-
Chuck Upsdell
Email:     cupsdell(at)istar.ca or cupsdell(at)torfree.net
Website:   http://home.istar.ca/~cupsdell/