Re: heavily O.T. [was Net Solutions... let it rest in peace]

by susie <susie(at)execpc.com>

 Date:  Mon, 21 May 2001 21:28:25 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
And speaking of thanking people privately....I was berated by someone a
while ago for writing my thanks to the list.  Here is my question.  If more
than a few people answer your question, are you then to send a thank you to
5-10 or more people?  Even those who didn't help yet still answered?
That's one thought, my other thought, and an even more pertinent one is
this.......to me it seems that the public "thank you" actually performs a
service.  That being that others know the question is satisfactorily
answered and needn't add more.  It also serves to let those with a similar
question know that the answer(s) received "worked".
Just my take.

Susie