Re: Basic graphics question

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:10:22 +0930
 To:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

><snip>
>I would recommend a program like ULead PhotoImpact. It is priced higher
>than than something like Xara. It is a program directly aimed at the web
>developer. It comes with a GIF animator and a very good web image
>optimizer, image slicer, button maker, html exporter (using layers to
>figure out what to do) plus a LOT of buttons, mouseover, banners, and
>other templates.
>
>http://www.ulead.com/
</snip>

I'd also recommend PhotoImpact and add that the interface whilst it might
look a little daunting to begin with, once you get a handle on where
everything is, it's great because it doesn't clutter up your workspace like
some other programs, giving you plenty of room to work.

There's a swag of tutorials and resources available here:

http://www.twgdesigns.com/wgd/pires/pirmain.shtml

...and if you're so inclined, there's also a wonderful group of helpful
people available on Stephanie Baker-Thomas's Bulletin Board who are more
than happy to offer assistance to newbies. You can find that here:

http://pibb.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&s=91260413&a=corfrm&cf=c_13260413

Good luck.....

Kym

In Memorium