Re: Need your advice

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 21 Apr 2002 09:46:15 +0100
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 23:57 18/04/02 +0200, Andries Meijer wrote:
<snip/>
>What is the best way too learn javascript or should I put more time in
>Perl?
<snip/>

It depends on which way you want your pages to be dynamic :-)

Pages like http://www,christadelphian.org.uk/ where the content hardly
changes with time but the presentation of the content changes with user
interaction are done with JavaScript. Pages like
http://www.christadelphian.org.uk/search/  where each page has to be
generated with different content each time it is viewed are done with perl.

Personally, I recommend learning perl, particularly object orientated perl,
because that will give you a good foundation in programming which will then
make JavaScript easier.

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/