Re: Migrating a website

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Fri, 26 Apr 2002 19:12:54 +0100
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:05 25/04/02 -0400, Teri wrote:
<snip/>
>Does this sound like a good plan? Does anyone have advice or experience
>with such a project? Is there anything else I should consider?

Sounds like an excellent plan. There is one thing I would suggest doing
differently though. Instead of redirect pages, use server redirection in
.htaccess files, or httpd.conf. That is a more reliable way of doing it,
and you can keep the servcer redirection in place indefinately, while
redirection pages might get in your way later on.

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/