Re: Netscape Table Data Widths

by Tamara <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Jun 2001 06:59:42 -0500
 To:  "Mark and Stephanie Conser" <msconser(at)voicenet.com>,
"HWG - Begin HTML List" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:27 PM 6/18/2001 -0400, Mark and Stephanie Conser wrote:
>I am having problems getting a table in NS4 to recognize 2 td width
>percentages.   They each have a width of 50%, but one of them is always much
>bigger than the other.

It doesn't matter what you /tell/ the browser, they will expand to fit the
cell contents. If you have images and tables in there, then they will /try/
to display at 50-50, but if you have a 400pixel image, then the cell can't
reduce that image, for example.

When working with tables, put a border around the cells to quickly find the
culprit, you can always go back and remove the border.

FWIW,
<tamara />