Re: Margin Settings and Validation

by Blue Tapp <blue(at)bluesarthouse.com>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Sep 2001 08:52:19 -0500
 To:  "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>,
HWG Basics <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks Fuzz.  But the problem with switching to HTML 3.0 is that then I can't validly use my ONMOUSEOUT or ONMOUSEOVER elements or my CSS.  Is there a way to get the "0" margins using CSS perhaps?
Blue

At 09:43 PM 9/27/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Howdy Blue,
>
>Prior to CSS, margin values were MSIE specific. The font face element was
>as well. If memory serves me the MSIE DTD also supported (most) JavaScript
>and (at least) Level1 CSS.
>
>Based on my foggy recollection of the tidbits gained in old age . . . I
>mean wisdom gleaned from years in the business . .
>
>I recommend taking a look at the last browser specific DTD "generally"
>accepted:
>
><.!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//Microsoft//DTD Internet Explorer 3.0 HTML//EN">
>
>(don't forget, I added that stupid little dot at the beginning).
>
>HTH,
>Fuzzy.
>
>At 08:53 AM 9/27/01 , Blue Tapp wrote:
>>Hi all:
>>I'm trying to validate a page using HTML 4.01 Transitional.  The design
>>requires "0" margins but this does not validate.  What are valid
>>alternatives.  (And please don't tell me not to worry about validation as it
>>is a requirement.)  If you need to see the page it is
>>http://www.florissantrotary.org/index1.htm.
>>TIA!
>>Blue
>Captain F.M. O'Lary
>ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net
>I asked Mom if I was a gifted child... she said they certainly wouldn't
>have paid for me.

Blue Tapp
Blue's ArtHouse Graphics & Web Design
705 North Florissant Road
Ferguson, MO 63135
(314) 839-0634
fax: (314) 839-1557
e-mail: blue(at)bluesarthouse.com
alt. e-mail: bluesarthouse(at)hotmail.com
url: www.bluesarthouse.com

"Time to get a web site!"