Re: asp

by Christopher Higgs <chiggs(at)unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:35:17 +1100
 To:  Kevin Bayley <webmaster(at)prairienorth.com>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'Day Kevin,

At 11:38 AM 16/03/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I have been offered a chance at maintaining a site that uses active server
>pages. The pages are basically already built, however they need someone to
>carry on with the site adding product lines when they become available. I
>have never worked with asp and was wondering if I would be able to use
>Notepad (my editor of choice) to maintain the site. Also is there anything
>else I should be made aware of?

The next version of ASP (ASP.Net) has now been released.  Keep this in mind
if you are looking at code resources on the internet.

Otherwise, a good resource is the WROX book "Beginning Active Server Pages
3.0".  That should cover most of your initial enquiries, and has great
chapters on database interaction.

Chris Higgs
Manager, New Learning Technology
ILFR, University of Melbourne
http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au/
Phone: +61 3 8344 9749  Fax: + 61 3 9348 2156